WHAT DO YOU SAY???



Totally glad to have my daddy back from his trip, I sit on his leg eagerly waiting for my goodies. He opens his bag and brings out a pack of my favourite snacks. Excitedly, I grab the gift bag and rush off to my best spot in the house to enjoy my spoils. As I unwrap the first snack, reaching for my first bite mummy rushes towards me and grabs it out of my hands. Unfair! She doesn’t say a word for a while and I wonder what I had done this time as she looks at me anticipating something. My room must be scattered again, I thought to myself. Seeing as I was still silent, she sighs and speaks up, T girl, what do you say to Daddy? Then the realisation hit my small head, here we going again! I had been trying to master this routine to no avail. Trying to stay straight faced, I quickly say, sorry mum. Rushing into daddy’s arms, I scream ‘thank you daddy’.

I marvel at how we all teach this and were taught but our reality is farfetched as we grow older. We complain more than we acknowledge the good in our lives. It appears, contentment is for the weak and happiness eludes us in our pursuit for more and more. Why we so easily critic but grudgingly acknowledge and value the things that go great no matter how small. Why parents expect a compliment but don’t give same to a child who has earned it. Why God is blamed and denounced for all the ills in the world; yet while in pain we pine to him for strength. Why we will love to be given yet conclude we don’t have enough to give in return.

Take time to zoom on the things that have gone better than you wished for. Pay forward the kind deed you got yet didn’t earn. Laugh because you can. Forgive so you can smile again. There are so many ‘thank yous’ waiting to be delivered in this world. Release your share from the waiting room and give someone a reason to be happy today.

Now that I have taken time to write this, what do you say…….???

TeeWai Writes,
11:08:2016

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DO IT AFRAID!!!

An Open Letter To The Girl I Was

...MIRACLE...