...MIRACLE...


I had the privilege to visit an orphanage recently, and the experience was humbling, exciting, emotional and altogether fulfilling. I met such happy and beautiful kids. One child stood out as she touched my humanity in a way I don’t encounter every day. Her name; Miracle.

She is a beautiful girl who can neither walk, talk nor hear. I noticed her gently move her shoulder to the music and I wondered if she was hopping excitedly around like the other kids in her mind. She seemed accustomed to sitting on one spot all day. Her eyes spoke a thousand words, as I sensed her acceptance of her reality. While others jumped, hugged, danced and sang, she just watched smiled slightly and mostly had a straight face. I wondered if she was used to everyone reaching out to them and waving at her from a distance. As I moved closer to her, I reached for her cheeks, and she smiled. That smile could light up a room. It brought me to tears. And no, I don’t cry that easily. I sat by her and held her hands as we played a silent ‘pick a hand’ game. When it was time to leave, I had a group hug with the others and then I approached her and before I could, she lifted her arms as far as she could to initiate her goodbye hug and I gave her an embrace. I wished I could imprint in her heart with that hug that she was beautiful, loved and perfect in Gods eyes. I thank God for the opportunity.

Miracle reminded me love is louder in actions than spoken words. We spoke so much without a word. I left that home feeling like she spoke to me, like she was saying; Ty, you have ears that hear, a mouth that can speak and legs that can walk; so you have no excuse not to be all that you can be. So I am reminded to say ‘I love you’ in words and in deeds to those who mean the world to me, because the fact that I can say it, is a miracle. I could choose to dwell on the things that aren’t going right or make the best of what is and work hard and aspire for much more. The fact that I have life is a miracle. Love is a language that the blind can see and the deaf can hear. Show some love today, because you can, because life is miracle.

To the ones who envision and build these homes, nurture the orphaned and abandoned, give their time, money and life to putting a smile on their faces, you are super heroes. God will honour you exceedingly.
#HeritageHomes#Miracle#ActLove#GratitudeMode


27:06:2016

Comments

  1. Nice one Teewai. Was a very humbling experience for me as well.i could not even stand looking the kids in the eye....hence, I was outside through out the visit. That visit thought me or maybe reminded me that life is all about love....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lollies mi, it is truly not easy to digest the reality of it all. But you've rightly said, life is about love and sharing. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I can see the pictures from your write up. Many atimes we think super heros are gods, but i have come to realise that we can be a super hero to someone by mere giving a pack of indomine or even a loaf of bread...a GIVER is a HEALER.We can change the world if we GIVE.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DO IT AFRAID!!!

An Open Letter To The Girl I Was