An Open Letter To My Father

So much has happened recently and I found myself in a place I have not been in a long time; short of words and almost blank. Time and time again I tried to write out my pain, but I couldn’t find the right words. Then I saw this movie “Letters to God” and then it dawned on me what I could do to feel better. So here is my open letter to my Father, the one who sees the finish from the onset.

Dear Pa, It’s crazy around me, and sometimes I wonder how I don’t lose my mind. Yea that must be because of the awesome family you gave me and the way the world looks right through the eyes of my baby.
So much tragedy befell my nation and lives, too many have been lost, between the sect who kill for a living, the road accident, the ill-fated plane and the innocent people whose homes were run into by the plane. I can’t stop thinking about the confusion and fear that must have gone on in the plane the last few seconds before the crash, how many were asleep in their homes and they became history in a split second. Or the innocent people who dressed for their place of worship as is their custom every Sunday, unaware it will be their last as they will die painful deaths for a fight they are totally clueless of. How many have been orphaned this year, widowed, left childless. Where do we go from here Pa, where? I am a taxpayer, I pay a ridiculous amount as rent, yet I virtually swim to work (exaggeration) becuse the roads are flooded from the rains, and the water has found its way to the many potholes, that can fit in over a hundred pots. Then yet another greets me as I approach my workplace. Where do we go from here Pa?
Crazy huh? Children are abused everyday and there is no one to fight their cause. Family hush them so they won’t be mocked, the kids suffer in silence and grow up scarred adults most often reliving their ordeal by abusing another. Parents too busy chasing dreams to notice the hurt and scars on their babies. Government too busy…… (fill in the gap) to notice where the shoe really hurts its people. The pulpit has traded the truth of your word for the vanities of life to gain popularity. Things we used to know are as sane are now treated as insane. Borrowed culture is taking over our mode of speech, style, and traditional values.
Children, the future we hope in are totally oblivious of the values that brought us this far. It appears there is no one to remind us and the next generation of how it used to be, better still, how it was meant to be. A wise man told me never to lose hope, no matter what else I have lost. So I put together whatever hope I have left in the fact that you are the potter, and you won’t let your people go through more than they can bear. It’s too much, the insanity is everywhere, and we perpetuate it without even realizing. Again I ask where we go from here?
Thanks for being at the listening end, thank you.

Comments

  1. Hey there I am so glаd I found уour wеbpаge, I
    really found you by mistake, while I was lοoκіng οn Aоl
    foг sοmething else, Anywаyѕ
    I аm here now and would just liκe tо say thanks a
    lot for a rеmarkable post аnԁ a all round entertaining blоg (I аlso loνe the theme/deѕign),
    I don't have time to read it all at the moment but I have bookmarked it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the fantastic job.

    My web site: cincoelementos.es

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DO IT AFRAID!!!

An Open Letter To The Girl I Was

...MIRACLE...