WHO HAS THE THIRD CORD???


WHO HAS THE THIRD CORD???

Alone I had fought, sometimes I won and many times in this battle of life I lost. I lost to anger, envy, bitterness, hate, carnality…..the list goes on. At some other times I was just a victim of hate, unjust critics, assault, abuse… So whether it was my own doing or not, I lost, I fell, I slipped. Then I heard the preacher say….It is not good to be alone! Alas! That was my problem. So I found him.

He made the burden easier; I could lean on the willing shoulders and weep in the available arms. I could laugh and have it shared by another, the whole experience was exciting and different, it grew my strength, my belief and even when I lost, it felt better. With time, the pressure in this battlefield called life heat “us” so hard, and even though we stood back-to-back the storms were closing in on us, together we were losing, slipping, afraid and alone. I realized even though he was with me, he was man like me, so we suffered the same fate. Then I heard the preacher say…. “a three- fold cord is not easily broken” Alas! That was the problem. So our search began for something bigger than the two of us, something wider, deeper and stronger. At the verge of losing hope, HE found “us”.

HE was nothing I had seen before, He was everywhere at a time, HE knew our thoughts before we spoke them out. HE gave us His word that if we held unto Him nothing could break through to “us”. I couldn’t fathom such power he exuded. The battlefield grew so much hotter. At a point, I loosened my grip on the third cord, the depression was enveloping me, so I reached to hold the cord firmer and the mountain of pain, shame, delay….all of them, they got smaller, I felt like a giant in their midst. I looked at the Almighty and I said, your words were true, they are disappearing. HE smiled and said, my child, again I remind you I cannot tell a lie, neither can I fail, you limit my influence over you when you give the third cord to your fears and your habits. But how I asked, I watched you hold the cord all through the battle. Yes he replied, I never leave the cord from my end, but from yours you give the cord to whatever influences you as the storms of life attack you. Again, I heard the preacher ask…Who has your third cord?

IN YOUR LIFE, RELATIONSHIPS, HOMES, DECISIONS….WHO HAS THE THIRD CORD? WE MAY LOVE ONE ANOTHER, BUT WE ARE NEVER STRONG ENOUGH TO DO IT ON OUR OWN.

A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken. (Eccl 4:12 New Living Translation)

TOYIN SETH-OGUNGBEMI
15TH JULY 2010.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DO IT AFRAID!!!

An Open Letter To The Girl I Was

...MIRACLE...